Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Honeymoon

Jake and I realized very early on in our wedding planning that a honeymoon immediately following the big day was a must. We knew we were going to be craving alone time, relaxation time, warm weather time, do-nothing-except-lay-in-a-cabana-together time. 

Our friend and bridesmaid, Courtnay, suggested an all inclusive resort she and her boyfriend had vacationed at last November. The Excellence Club: Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa looked like a dream. During the icy, snowy, frigid winter months leading up to our March 2nd wedding Jake and I would periodically stop throughout the day and say, "You know what? In 43 days or in 28 days or in six days... we'll be in Mexico." *pause* "Oh, and we'll be marrriiieeed."

Our only plan was to lay low, (no instagram or Facebook, as per my husband's request) and enjoy being together as husband and wife. 

It was incredible. 

I will be posting about my Honeymoon outfits/ over-packing and our day-trip to Chichen Itza, check back shortly...






(Jake rocking his Grandfather's Panama hat from the 1960s and me rocking my new Goorin Bros. hat that my dear friend Emily gave me the night of our rehearsal dinner. Needless to say, it was the perfect gift, and one I wore it every single day of my honeymoon. You'll see.)

1 comment: