Monday, June 10, 2013

Exploring Philly: Market East Neighborhood (for a few hours)

SITE-SEEING
While in Philly for Jake's King Pony gig I did the tiniest of site-seeing, this included looking up at some big stone building while in the Market East neighborhood. I wish I could say I thought to take note of its importance, name and where-abouts, but I didn't. So hey, here is what else I did while in Market East for about four hours. 

BRUNCHING
Jake, Pascal and I meandered into The Corner for brunch and luckily hit that sweet spot on a Saturday right after the early-riser rush out and way before the hanger-overer crawl in. I was equally lovin' on the interior decor of the restaurant as I was the interior of the menu. See what we ended up ordering, below.

INDULGING
You know we just had to try the fois-gras doughnuts. They were sickeningly delicious. Rich and savory, sweet and gooey, crispy and doughy and... yea you should just try them. Also the breakfast burrito was quite killin'.

SHOPPING
After brunch a store called Verde's window display caught my eye, a boutique + chocolate factory - in ONE! **Mind blown!** Check out Verde's adorable website and find out more about their mission statement and Marcie Blaine Artisanal Chocolates.
^^They taste as beautiful as they look!^^
^^I'm a sucker for wooden hangers and cheeky clothing.^^
^^Still kicking myself for not snatching up a pair of these!^^
^^You know I can never have enough BAGGUs... I'm obsessed.^^
^^Sparkly^^

^^Spending some quality mother/daughter shopping time^^

SWEET-TOOTHIN'
^^Get yours here^^

ADMIRING
Mural Arts Program"The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program unites artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural-making, to create art that transforms public spaces and individual lives."
^^All around Philadelphia these incredible murals painted on the sides of buildings stare down at you. They are intoxicating. Remember the on on the top left? It was so beautiful we had a mini spur of the moment photo shoot in front of it!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment