Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sisters in the City


Last week while Jake was in Italy and I was lonely Alison hopped the bus from PA to NYC to spend the day with me, wander around The Metropolitan Museum of Art and take in the city's summer sights.

The moment I first arrived in New York I fell in love, hard. The kind of love that can't be defined. A devotional, passionate, irrational, loyal and sometimes unrequited love. I knew I had found home. I knew I could never leave. I knew I was in deep.

Alison, however, hasn't been as easy. New York has had to woo her. New York has had to work for her affection. And still, she strings my darling city along. Showing up for days at a time, smiling, wearing flirty dresses and then running off to Boston's quieter (and she claims, cleaner) streets.

I'm not offended. I'm not even defeated. Because I know little by little this city will make a New Yorker of her. It may take years, but just you wait one day she'll wake up with her heart in her throat and she'll know the only cure is to drive, bus or run her way back to this hustle and bustle. And an inexplicable calm will settle in her soul as cabs whiz by her and people push pass and buildings scrape the sky. Just you wait Alison Victoria, it will happen. How? you ask. Well, because New York City is magic.

^^The sculptures are always my favorite. Always^^

^^Museum feet^^
^^It started to drizzle while we were on the rooftop garden^^




^^Rooftop feet^^
^^We stumbled upon some wings of The Met I had never explored before that day^^

^^New Yorker: established - 2005^^



No comments:

Post a Comment